Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Photography: Contest?

Came across this today and was thinking about trying to give all of the upcoming contest a go. Might be fun and will get me something to work towards for a final goal. Who knows? I may even win :P



The current contest is for Streets and Walkways.

"For this round we want you to concentrate on capturing the roads and thoroughfares themselves. While we're not asking you to ignore people entirely, we are looking for images that focus on the streets or walkways rather than candid shots of passers-by. A pier featuring a silhouetted figure at sunset would fit the brief, but a street portrait where there is not an obvious walkway would not. The street or walkway can be in a city or the suburbs. You could try photographing from a high viewpoint to make people on the streets below look like ants or you could use a long exposure at night to capture car light trails on a busy road. Think about whether your scene would look more dramatic in black & white or whether colour would be a better choice. Most of all, try to be original in your interpretation of the theme. "


2 comments:

  1. I say go for it! You've got nothing to lose. :) I hope you and Angie get some good shots during your vacation. Post them on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd, I cant seem to get any notices for my email when someone post on my page lol Its irritating to be honest :P I think I figured out how to fix it though :D


    I am thinking I will go for it, just got to see what I can manage :)

    ReplyDelete